Friday 13 June 2008

Dr. Gormally is my hero.


This morning I went for Oral surgery without a single thought that this would happen to my wisdom tooth nicely hiding under my gums covered by bone.

So it was a morning of extractions, and I did a lower left molar which refused to come out because of the patient's super dense bone and curved roots. Anyways that was besides the point.

I was standing around, and suddenly it occured to me that I had this partially erupted wisdom tooth that causes me occasional pain. I've been meaning to get it extracted, but the thought of extractions was freaky I kinda stalled it for as long as I could.

And, so happened my yauyeng SUPER skilled tutor, Dr. Gormally was standing nearby. So I just walked up to him and told him about my tooth. I asked if he would extract my tooth for me, and he so kindly said yes! I thought he would forget about it coz the clinic was quite busy, but he went straight away to write me an xray form!

Yipei kindly offered to hold my hand throughout the procedure, and she waited with me for a freaking 3hours before it was my turn! THANK YOU SO MUCH YIPEI =)

I know what I'm going to say next is going to sound ridiculous, but I HAVE DENTAL PHOBIA. Ever since I was young, I was so scared of going to the dentist my mum had to drag me there.
Yes yes, its ironic I'm studying to be one, isn't it? =) Oh well. As I said before its different being on the other side of the chair and ON the chair itself heheh.

Dr. Gormally gave me local anaesthetic, and went ahead with taking the tooth out by cutting a flap on my gums. Lots of pushing and prodding around with many familiar instruments, and I've seen him do his job so many times I know he would do it well. He's really gentle too =)

Within 10minutes, my tooth was out and my gums were stitched. Yipei and Ailing, whose warm hands I was squeezing, were in disbelief that it was all done.

DR. GORMALLY IS SO GENG LAR!! Seriously you see the way this guy works, super neat efficient and careful. I knew I could trust him with my teeth, for he is superb at what he does.


The funny part was that, the whole clinic was filled with my coursemates, who were having their oral surgery that afternoon. They all came to watch, and there were so many people around the cubicle the nurses thought something big was happening they came to watch too.

It was all such a big fuss I was quite amused. So was dr. Gormally.

but I'm so lucky to have friends who care to come and hold my hands throughout the unpleasant procedure. THANK YOU YIPEI and AILING =) its so much better to grip warm hands instead of the dental chair in fear.

and THANK YOU dr. Gormally, you will always be my idol. =)

I wait for the day when I would have such skill. I hope that day would come.

For now its post-op pain which has to be drowned with lots of paracetamol and ibuprofen. Not nice. =(

3 comments:

~dolph~ said...

haha..at last you cabut the trouble making tooth dy huh..=P

xian said...

eeeeeeeeeeee~~~~ i dread the day I have to do that :( i have not taken an xray of my gums yet (even)... scary la tell you!!

Ang Choon Seong said...

ask him to do for me too...