Friday 9 October 2009

I hate myself for not being able to stand up for myself when really necessary.

Even at times where it is blatantly obvious that the other party is bullying me for her own convenience.

Yes, I know there is no such thing as a friendly and lovely world where EVERYONE is UN-selfish, and everyone is UN-calculative, and everyone is basically NICE without hidden intentions.

I guess I just needed a reminder, and I need some 'practice' in dealing with the sort who doesnt give two hoots about you in general. Not that I want people to give me all the care in the world
( bcoz trust me, as naive as I may seem I know it is not all love and kindness everywhere I go), but I sort of expected the person to be at least abit more responsible when it comes to doing her part, as I have done mine.

The obvious reality is that dentistry requires A LOT of people skills.

If your nurse is NOT HAPPY with you, you would be a 'non-functional' dentist.
If your receptionist is NOT HAPPY with you, your patients might not turn up as and when u want them to.
If your patients are NOT HAPPY with you, basically it wont be awhile till..

..you officially 'tutup kedai'.


Anyway, lesson learnt. Lost for words when someone actually is taking advantage of your 'niceness' and 'bulli-ability' RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE?? without the slightest SHAME whatsoever?

There is no point in feeling the 'burn' afterwards, like I am feeling now.

I NEED to stand up for myself, bcoz if I don't, nobody will.



x x x


On a brighter note, last night was fab. YiPei and I hopped on to the bus spontaneously after clinics to go to the Trafford Centre, had a nice dinner.. and EXTORTED 24 KRISPY KREMEs from a very nice Mr. Krispy Kreme who lives in Rusholme over the phone afterwards!!!
Came back, entertained ourselves with the doughnuts ( OK that sounds abit wrong but anyway)...

and when I was back in my room I SAW A BOOK LYING ON MY TABLE.


OPENED it, feeling abit baffled, thinking hmm why does this book have my name on it..

and STARTED SCREAMING. ( yes my voice is erm 'quite' loud in case people didnt know! ^^)


OMG ITS A POST POST POST birthday PRESENT from YIPEI containing pictures compiled from our memorable many years here in Manchester, all painstakingly cut out and decorated..HAND MADE! every page was filled with wishes from the people I have grown to love, my Manchester family!

It really is the BEST book I've ever received. =)

My secret personal wish of getting something of this sort for my birthday as a final year remembrance CAME TRUE.

*and its all thanks to you, YiPei!*


My faith in the existence of good unselfish people in this world is restored, once again. ^^

1 comment:

pp said...

If i'm in manc, i sure help u 1 pui... some ppl, dont know what is in their rotten head..grrr...

good luck n take care..