Saturday 14 November 2009

Jimmy choos, anyone?? :)

Who would wake up early on a Saturday morning to line up outdoors in the cold rainy UK weather to get Jimmy Choos at an 'affordable price'?

Yes note that 'affordable' in this context is VERY subjective :)

Yes Mr Jimmy Choo is a fellow Malaysian and his name is BIG (not even exxagerating! ) over here in the fashion industry.

I've never understood the novelty of it all, to me its just another overpriced brand.. so I decided to tag along and see just how much girls would go through to own her very own 'jimmy choos' :)

Rach, Jian Hui and I left the house 8ish in the morning ( I don't even leave this early to go to clinics OR outreach! ) , and when we reached H&M ( yes Jimmy choos in H&M for a day only hence the hype :) ) there was already a looong queue outside. The store wasnt going to open till 9am hahaha I wonder how long these people have been waiting!

So yes, we joined the queue for 'kicks' ( or rather I did for that reason :))
I was properly amused by the chaos inside the store, the way the girls actually snatched the dresses as soon as it came on the racks HAHAHA it really is madness :)

Didnt plan to get anything, for as 'cheap' as it may be, it still is pretty expensive.. but rach found this really nice and reasonable leggings so YES we all got sucked into it :)

So yes, now I own my very own Jimmy Choos, although not his shoes, but Jimmy Choos nevertherless :)


*post shopping therapy 'high'*


X X X

Last night we celebrated Momo's birthday at Zouk :), and had cake after at Abdullah's place :)

The boys

The girls


and mo's cute catterpillar cake :)


Thursday night's amazing christmas lights :) This will be my last christmas in Manchester, and I look back at many fond memories throughout my 4years (plus) here.


I'm so hungry, bums and tums have totally drained the energy out of me. Hahaha I know, very random. But whats new :)

3 comments:

joyce said...

haha.....Your post always make me amazed la dear...=) You guys had all the wonderful moments together ~ travelling, kitchen-ing, birthday celebrations and u name it...*_^ Left one more sem to go I guess despite this u are in now!!:D enjoy the last sem to the fullest yea!!:D take care and send my regards to all *whom i know for sure* hehehe...^_^

sm said...

ahhh i just saw the jimmy choo for H&M advert a few days ago! so tempted but no money hehee

ashieBee said...

oooohhhhhh i went to check out the collection the weekend after exams haritu. but the flat gladiator dah takdeee dah. tinggal the shiny shiny shoe tu je. not my type :P hehehe.