Monday 1 February 2010

'Bob's your uncle'...

... isn't a reply you would expect from a tutor after he checks your work. I was fitting in a temporary crown that didn't fit so my tutor was helping me with it.

So when Dr Valentine said to me, 'Right Pei, Bob's your uncle'..

..my immediate reaction was 'Bob's your what?' and I got a shocking UPROAR ( no I'm not exxagerating) from him and Prof Devlin who was standing nearby.

...okay....


when I went to the tutors who were standing around, apparently that was stil the 'joke of the day'. -_-
'What do you reply when someone says that to you, Pei?' You say, 'Fanny's your aunt', they told me.



dot.dot.dot.


Apparently its just a way of saying 'then its sorted' or sth along the lines of that..

I. Don't. Know. I. was. very. confused.


So when I thought the whole mumbojumbo about some 'english joke' that I didnt understand was over, Prof Devlin came over today to check my patient's immediate dentures, and he said..


'Yup Bob's your uncle, Pei.' And walked away with a big smile on his face, leaving my patient laughing her cheeks off on the chair.

The verbal 'diarrhoea' on English expressions continued the whole morning just bcoz it was simply entertaining to see an asian girl looking confused, not understanding anything that was said.

Twas all fun and laughter, I was glad my patient had her front teeth replaced again ( which she was really grateful for :) )...

BUT BOB IS NOT MY UNCLE!!!!

No comments: