Tuesday 20 April 2010

''I have low tolerance to ANY sort of sedative agents''



Ok I know these pictures are totally unrelated to the title of my post but wad the heck I have a NEW CAMERAA so I have to demonstrate its photo abilities! :) and what better way than to show the world my lenglui friends/housemates :):):)

I should stop going on about my 'camera' I know plenty of people are getting absolutely sick of it :)

So. In relation to the title above. Today in Ashton I had to sedate this 8yearold girl with Nitrous Oxide, to extract her lower 6. In Ashton extracting permanent teeth for kiddies is a BIGGIE (no kidding how big of a deal they make it seem there.. bcoz most of the kids we deal with are referred by GDP's who can't deal with the kiddies who have some sort of dental phobia.. great. send the difficult ones to US STUDENTS -_-) so when the mum insisted little Megan had the tooth out today my tutor said to her, ''You realise you're asking alot out of her you know. Its not a small thing, extraction. ETC.'' And I was getting more and more nervous about having to do it due to all the 'pre-talk' that was given!

Anyway. I shud cut the rambling and get to the point. I gave her 'the gas', and Megan was a mouth breather so she was exhaling some of it through her mouth.. which I had to continuously remind her to close! After doing the usual relaxing exercises with her I felt abit woozy.

Light headed...

..like I had just a 'drink or two'.

Mann. I started pep talking to my brain then.. STOP feeling this way, and took REALLY deep breaths. Gave Megan the IDblock ( luckily she didnt even flinch..) and struggled hard to grab hold of the tooth with my forceps, all the while telling myself I WAS NOT FEELING LIKE I WAS FLOATING AWAY IN A CLOUD.


MANNNN and I THOUGHT I WAS LACKING IN ONLY ALCOHOL DEHYDROGENASE. :)


OK end of story.

On an unrelated note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY APRIL BABIESSS!!!!!!

WANIIIII


PARAN NITHIANANTHANTHANTHANTHANTHANTHAN

AND RACHHHH!!!!!!! :)
Heh I hope the card I made filled with pictures of your 'drunken birthday night out' will remind you of the wonderful crazy student days we shared in Manchester!!! :) :) :)

I is so very going to miss my life over here when I leave.

2 comments:

TEH D3viL said...

Hahahhh PL!! Paran's face is soo funni!! =D

Shall smuggle some of the N2O2 tanks home so tat we dun need to pre-drink b4 goin to the clubs! hahahh

pp said...

nice camera