Sunday 3 February 2008

MORE sushi's.




This weekend I decided it was time to put my sushi-making skills to the test.

After the sushi-making lessons from my dear friend Tomone not too long ago, I sure hope I did my 'teacher' PROUD! =)




It was really quite scary and stressful, making sushi with no guidance whatsoever from 'the expert'.. and NO recipe to follow. You see, I'm quite the perfectionist when it comes to cooking, everything needs to be measured if possible. Just like baking!

This time around there was no measuring guidance of any sort available, the amount of water-to-rice, rice-to-vinegar, vinegar-to-sugar, nothing whatsoever.


Pressure pressure. Stressful stressful.


With a VERY HIGH pre-set standard of 'sushi-tasty-ness + wonderful presentation' from my sifu Tomone, I just felt that nothing I managed to concoct was as good. Even the decoration, and the arrangement of our final products!


But maybe I was just being very fussy. Everyone loved the little yummy cute-sies! =)


heeh happy happy =) * big grin*


Phewwww. Thank God everyone who came helped, coz I swore at one point I felt like I was drowning with the HUGE amount of sushis we made.


No joke man. This stuff is very delicate-ly intricate.




I don't think I'll make sushi's for a VERY long time to come. Too much effort, I'm too lazy.

Now I get it when Tomone said to me, " We don't make sushis everyday at home in Japan, we buy them most of the time! "

Hahaha my next sushi meal will be bought. =)

5 comments:

TEH D3viL said...

hahahhh pailian!!! we love your sushi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where Tomone bought the woden mould for press sushi fr??

Grace said...

hey hey thank you again pei lian for bothering to have the sushi nite for pre cny. thanx!! i had fun making the rolled sushi and with everyone :)
and i learnt a thing or two!

Unknown said...

Hahahaha! You did it!
I am very glad that my sushi student becomes independent!!!
You don't need my guide anymore!!!
I am a sushi ambassador in Manchester.
Tomone

pp said...

i want to eat alsooooo

h.3.l.3.n said...

i baru blog sushi buffet..