Thursday 31 January 2008

The teeth that walks and the heart that breaks.



Today at Dental Trade fair there was FREE LUNCH and most importantly, WALKING TEETH!




This little bugger managed to amuse Ailing n myself, but not the rest of the group. We wind it up, and let it run loose on our hands and the chair, squealing in delight with the cuteness of it all.

HAHAHA. Your future dentists, EH? =)


To add to your amusement, is the snails that Abdullah( my clinical partner) and I drew in between lectures.





I have SNAILS drawn on every reachable person's notes, ie. ailing, mingwei, momo, even the very-reluctant paran and wenghong. Wakakakaka. =)


Is there any cure for childish-ness?





Anyways. Yesterday was a happy happy day for me. Clinics in the morning went well, and abdullah's patient even brought chocolates for us both! =) It really feels good when patients appreciate what we do for them. =)




In my super-excited mode I walked over to my tutor who was working with another patient and said, " Mrs. Pett, would you like some chocolates? "


And turned to the patient on the seat and said, " Would YOU like some too? "


And my tutor looked at me in disbelief.


OOPS.


"PEI LIAN, ARE YOU OFFERING THE PATIENT CHOCOLATES ON A DENTAL CLINIC? "


OOOOOOOOOOOOOPPS. DIE, DIE, DIE.


" I'm gonna have to re-grade you." And everyone burst out in laughter.


I was sooo embarrassed, and I didn't realise I quickly pulled back the box of chocolates and walked away whilst the patient was all ready to take some.


HAHAHAHAHA. After which my tutor came to me and said, " well I'll allow you to offer some chocs ONLY if you tell the patient to have the chocolates with his meal."


More laughter from my colleagues.


And the patient, who was teeth-less at that time because he had his dentures removed, laughed out LOUD as well, clearly VERY-amused with the whole scenario.



Sighh.


All in all I thought it was quite a wonderful morning with a good amount of laughter, but the day got better in the afternoon.


My PARCEL ARRIVED!



YAY! Thanks to Mummy and Papa my supply of 3in1 coffee from HOME is replenished! And lots of other foodstuff was in it too~ 10kgs of homey-cooking ingredients goodness! =)

xxx

On another note, I received very bad news from a friend today. No words could console or relieve the pain she's going thru right now, and it saddens me alot.

Again the same question comes to mind, why is life so scarily unpredictable? How do we deal with the shitty-ness of it all?

=(

2 comments:

Windchaser said...

pei lian..why so excited? i cannot imagine eating chocolate when the dentist is checking my teeth...how to keep the mouth open while munching?

WL said...

PL, you see, YP purposely distorted the original meaning of the big/small matter, please don't believe her. She is "THE DEVIL".
hahahahaa~~~~~Here are some proof:

ypei- THE DEVIL says: lov to put your life in DANGER!

ypei- THE DEVIL says: hahahhahau want to explain?!!!

ypei- THE DEVIL says: HEHHHHHHH

ypei- THE DEVIL says: NO CHANCE!