Wednesday 21 May 2008

Heheh in case people were wondering, no i'm not dead yet.

Just inspiration-less and life-less these days of exams.

But in response to the shoutouts that I had ( actually singular : shoutout ) I feel its TIME to respond.

So here it goes : Helennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn come lar to penang. And tuapui PEI, i am updatinggggggg.


Yesterday I was speaking to my cousin, and she told me she was applying to be a part-time promoter for Listerine ( in case you peeps havent heard of it before, its a mouthwash).

So then we went on mindlessly about nothing ( haiyo nothing new la girls memang talk all sorts of no isi stuff wan. nothing like the big country issue or how we can make the world a better place ). But anyways, she told me something that CRACKED ME UP.

the conversation went like this :

Joyce : Eh peilian ar, do you know how to write a profile?

pEiLiaN the piGfisH : Arr. Wad profile. U mean resume?

Joyce : Yea.. the lady from Listerine called me just now and said she wanted a profile. She said she want to know my age, my teeth condition and the number of pimples I have.

pEiLiaN the piGfisH : ........ *speechless*

pEiLiaN the piGfisH : eh did u say number of pimples ka? I think I super tired today seeing stuff plus u know me la super blur case wan.

Joyce : Har. Yea number of pimples.

pEiLiaN the piGfisH : ????? OMG. SIAW.


WHOAA. What on earth are this Listerine people trying to imply? That if my cousin has 5pimples and below, then she is eligible? Also if the pimples were at its ripe stage ready to burst with pus and blood oozing out, and at the number 5 and above, BYE BYE to rm80 a day?


And I was somewhat angered and amused at the same time. Angered by the way people discriminate, and amused by the fact that it just seems like quite a lame thing to ask people to do. Like who on earth would ask a person to STATE THE NUMBER OF PIMPLES THEY HAVE.

Its the strangest thing EVER.

4 comments:

Ang Choon Seong said...

eei..ah lian, u sure ur cousin not pulling ur leg over the pimples issue?

as u know...buat lawak with u usually doesnt turn out the way it should be...

meli said...

HAHAHAHA....burst out laughing at that statement. lol.. Haha, like you once posted, appearance does matter a lot these days, including having a pimple-free face. =P oh well

h.3.l.3.n said...

i tot she lawaking also

~dolph~ said...

yea, that is what the lady asking and i am not trying to pull anybody's leg...=)