Thursday 10 July 2008

I want to graduate TOO!!!

This week has been a frenzy of graduations of my dear dear friends, all of whom I hold close to my heart.

These people have been a huge part of my life here in Manchester, and although I am happy to see them graduate successfully with excellent results, part of me feels sad, knowing that they would leave Manchester for good after this chapter of their lives is over.

This morning I attended Meilin's graduation, as she applied extra tickets for me!

I was well excited, and it was such a happy occasion, seeing her beaming in her robe and mortar board, her parents fussing over her with so much care and love, and the obvious anticipation to receive the degree that she's been working so hard for over 3years... was all very touching.

Meilin's parents, waiting for one of the happiest moments of their lives : seeing their daughter receive a university degree.




The happy 'twirling' graduate =)


My favourite picture of the day ~ us at the lawn opposite the university main building =)
I made her a card =) and bought her some flowers =)


With a card, of course comes words, and lots of it too =) although all the words in the world would not be enough to sum up our friendship these 3 years here in the UK and beyond.

The card had my favourite photo of us 2 in it too =) with plenty of pretty stars



Another dear friend of mine, Beetroot aka Beetee also graduated this week.
I also made him a card. Cute or not? Hehe =)


Unfortunately the day he graduated I had clinics, so no photos with him and his mortar board =(
But he was still a happy graduate, so I heard. =)

My first new friend in Manchester, who was also my flatmate in Oak House Maple court, graduated too!
Lucy's parents, her nan and her sister came too, and it was soo good to see them again! I stayed with them in their big comfy house during summer of my first year, and I will never forget their hospitality! Even now they were inviting me over to their place to stay before I go back this summer =) these people are the sweetest they really go all the way to make me feel more at home in the UK =)

Her mum said to me, 'You were the first person Lucy met in Manchester, and now you're the last person she's seeing before going home for good. " Awww its nice when people remember =)

All in all its been an exhausting week, with so much artwork and celebrating to do. =)

But I'm glad these people wanted me to be part of it. It was amazing. =)

I'm so going to miss them all. =(

5 comments:

xian said...

where is my card and my flowers???? :P

huiyen said...

oops, ada orang kena tangkap:P

meli said...

peilian the artist!!!! You're definitely one artistic gal and such a sweet friend to so many out there!!!! I love the cards you made for bt and meilin!!!! =) awesome!

Pei Lian said...

xian : oops. u marry time i make card buy flowers for u ok. now too late for grad flowers d >_< heheh.

huiyen : Yea. OOPS BIGTIME MAN.

Meli : Aww thanks! =)

Unknown said...

They are sooo nice cards.
And I wan to graduate too!!!