Sunday 7 December 2008

Help, I am drowning.


The current sweeps my frail body away,
The water fills my lungs,
I gasp, I sputter, I try to breathe.
I drift and float away.

I see a little branch hanging from the bank,
Oh! Grab it!
Two weak fingers try to hold on,
But slips away in seconds,
The current is too strong.

Then I try to shout for help,
Help! A soft sputter..
Softer than the gust of wind,
The rushing waters.
No one hears me.

The water gets colder,
I could feel it in my bones.
The water fills my lungs,
it hurts my chest.
Will I explode?
Will I disappear into nothingness?

As the sun goes down when evening falls,
I struggle to look for my sun,
The sun, to make daylight come again.

4 comments:

TEH D3viL said...

hun
the must b another branch in front,
a longer and thicker one,
waiting for u to grab hold on it.
So just look forward and regain your strength.
No worries, the sun will always rise again tomorrow, as long as your can see it =)

anonymous said...

add oil~

pp said...

the sun is alwiz there..just that you're concentrating too much on the clouds, u cant see it..
all u need 2 do is pull urself to the shore..n look up..

h.3.l.3.n said...

God loves us too much to let us drown.. its just His way of making us stronger so the next time we r pushed into the deep sea, we know that we shouldnt panic and let the waves swallow us but start doing big strokes and swim to shore..