Sunday 15 March 2009

A weekend getaway on a 'budget' ^^

Everytime I step down from the train onto the platform in any train station in London (Kings Cross, Euston, Victoria ) I always feel the same excitement and exhiliration I felt the first time I visited this city.

Don't ask me why after SO MANY TRIPS down I can still be as excited. >_<

Maybe I am a city girl after all. I DO LOVE LONDON. Its A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. ^^
Yup I was there this weekend ^^ visiting friends^^ throwing 'surprises' hahaha I realised its becoming a favourite past time of ours..

..but its always heartwarming to see a shocked but genuine very-happy-to-see-you face afterwards.

..also pleasing to be reminded how very small treats you bring for a friend dear to you would be so appreciated.

Icing on the cupcake and dark chocolate oozing from a cookie, ah heavenly! Yes Ben's cookies are DREAM-friendly. Hummingbird cupcakes, day-dream friendly? Hahaha forgive my lack of creativity when it comes to choosing the right words to describe these sinfully delicious SUGAR-filled cutesies. ^^
Anyways, how do you go around LONDON, eating all these on a 'budget'?
( Erm OK let me explain the financial crisis I'm under now.. due to a certain stupid flight ticket back to Malaysia this summer that costed me a BOMB, my bank balance is extremely unhealthy leading to an estimated calculation of having to survive on 15pds a week until the end of April when hopefully my 'daddy JPA' will give us our 'pocket money' )
Well, you share food. ^^ This way, you get variety, and it is more than enough to fill you up anyway. ( This economical financial 'handling' is introduced to me by my 'saving-money-to-go-Japan' buddy Helen )
Also a certain PEERs club in college which came up with this catchy phrase 'Sharing is Caring' ^^ Hahaha that thought just randomly popped into mind^^
Anyways. I'm getting carried away.
This London trip, was also aimed to crash a certain 'someone's' birthday lunch.. YINHUI my dearest ex-roomie in KMB! Which succeeded...'HOORAY!' I was almost positive I would kantoi hahaha.. birthday girl was surprised speehless ^^
After the commotion, we settled for Morrocan food.
Feedback? OK OK la... something different..but too filling.. and service was the slowest I've ever encountered.
After that Helen n I adjourned to the Natural History museum near South Kensington. and I SAW DINOSAURS! (hahaha replicas la ^^ )


the museum was interesting.. not a typical and boring like most museums are!
After that we adjourned to sainsbury to buy taugeh and veg.. for a late supper of vegetables bcoz both of us were constipated with food from lunch, I know. I know. very random! ( also coz we're so broke we dcided we shudn't stuff ourselves just for the sake of it ^^)
>_<
I'm happy I managed to keep to my budget for this weekend away and had lots of fun at the same time! Yayy! ^^




1 comment:

h.3.l.3.n said...

haha i am the expert weekend-getaway-on-a-budget already!!! had too many myself haha..

wow ur blog cekap dy, byk pics n explanations dy, more precise than mine! and thanks for the treat from Wong Wong!

fortunately i have overdose of sugar so not craving bens cookies yet!

and u mentioned the taugeh.. Haha.. 3 gals eating taugeh at 11.30pm.. randomssssss!!