Tuesday 12 May 2009

Today is the DAY.

Today is the DAY I had 3 kids cry on my chair. Continuously.

A 5yr old boy, a 5yr old girl, and a 7yr old boy.

Margaret and I had to do so much persuasion, 'sticker-bribing', and praising the whole morning that at the end of it all I almost passed out with exhaustion.

And I didn't even get ANY dental treatment done. It takes 20minutes to get the child on the chair, 2minutes after the child is on the chair it is back to another 20minutes of persuading the child to come back to the chair because for example, 'they think they're hiding somewhere'. And so on.

I had to bend over and talk to Lewis who was hiding under a chair.

And stick myself to the wall as well because little Sophie thinks she's 'hiding' in the wall.

Brian thought with the sunglasses he put on he was hiding from us all.
....

Even complaining about it now is exhausting.

Dr Prasad said to me after the looong morning was over, "Pei you did really well in managing those kids today. I see you have improved in your patient management.Well done."

Errrrr. I am unfortunately, unconsoled. I know it is the chair, needle, drill etc etc that the children hate, but I am the person holding them all. To a little kid, I would be the cause of their 'misery'. =(

To add to the 'joys' of my day, I had a CAT presentation to do this afternoon.

WHICH WAS SUPER NERVE-WRECKING I SWEAR AT ONE POINT I FELT LIKE MY INSIDES WERE ALL GOING TO SPILL OUT.

Tried my very very best not to let my nerves get the best of me,

.. but my tangly tongue failed me a few times in my pronounciations of words.

All that 'Peter and Jane' reading since I was 5, seemed to have disappointed me.

Aaaaaaaaargh.


OKOK I shall focus on the positive side. Presentation over, now time to focus on preparing for my exams.

Hrmmmph HOW FUNN. >.<

*sighhhh*

2 comments:

R said...

haiyer. you did reallly well in your presentation what!!!!!!

and i think everyone in the group was nervous as well when presenting!!!!

h.3.l.3.n said...

kids ARE Frustrating!!!!!! had 2 yesterday, No Fun.