Wednesday 2 December 2009

The joys of dentistry :)


... in Ashton!

Today was my last day in restorative dentistry with Mr Legg ( hahaha he's the tutor I've been going on and on about :) )

Mr Legg is an amazing dentist, always very caring to his patients, good with his hands and the most thoughtful and encouraging tutor I've ever met.

When you screw up, he doesn't look at you with the 'You're so ridiculously hopeless' eyes. Instead he says 'well these things happen', and praises you on the things that you did right, rather than agonize on your failures.

Every Wednesday I look forward to working in the nice and clean community clinic outside Manchester. And never once did I come home feeling like a crap dentist, or wishing that the world would just swallow me up.

Thank you, Mr Legg for letting me experience the joys of doing good dentistry, and for helping me to slowly grow and learn and hopefully achieve it one day.

Thank you also, for the very thoughtfully wrapped christmas gift and card! :)

I hope my marginal ridge amalgam carvings will stay 'magnificent' :) You make me want to perform better every time!



Farah, Sureil, Caroline and I got our dear tutor a set of toothbrush cufflinks as a 'thank you' gift! :)

And here's US with the tutor we all love :)

Undoubtedly I'm sad that this experience has to come to an end so soon..

but look on the bright side, pei! You're going back to Ashton in January for paediatric dentistry! :) No more Mr Legg as my tutor though :(


It was a good day :) lest i forget, and when things go extremely wrong, I hope to remember that there IS joy in dentistry. :)

2 comments:

h.3.l.3.n said...

joys of dentistry.. something rare to come by but if they do, must really treasure it..

pp said...

haha..the toothbrush cufflinks.. cute la.. i wonder if they have stetescope 1 onot..haha