Wednesday 20 January 2010

Re: What word do you think is the hardest to pronounce???
I'm an English native, so I have very little trouble with pronunciation. However, it was only around 3 years ago when I finally learned how to pronounce "three" correctly. I had been pronouncing it as "free".

...quoting 'Robbie Durham from England'



I have been receiving endless mockery on clinics for saying 'TREE' instead of 'TH-REE' lately. Its all joke and laughter but I am BUGGED I CANNOT SAY the TH for the life of me!

So whenever I say please pass me the 'composite 'C Tree (3)' , the TREE ( 3 for canine teeth) is exposed.. I think it needs endo..' etc it is another opportunity for either my tutor/ patient/ clinical partner to chuckle to themselves. And my huge reaction ( I am known for my 'reactions' -_-) causes more chaos when they deliberately ask me questions like..

'Pei I forgot whats the number between 2 and 4?'

or..

'Pei that chart says 1, 2, whats the number next to 2 again? I can't read.'

I wish I could say TIGA instead :S

But I could rest assured now, when I googled 'how to pronounce three' the first link that came up brought me to the comment above HAHAHA.

At least I dont say 'FREE' :) and I am not a native English speaker ^^ SO I HAVE AN EXCUSE.

2 comments:

TEH D3viL said...

hahahahhhh EPL.. our stonehead said "FREE"!!! hahaha

U should tell the Spudulike story too!! hahahaahha

h.3.l.3.n said...

it was EXACTLY The same for me.. ppl laugh at my 3 that i don say it anymore!!!