Sunday 13 January 2008

Oshisushi, Origami by my good Ol' buddy Tomone.


Don't ask me what's with my obsession with finding words that start with the same letters. ( 'O' now, 'C' then, and more to come =) hehh)

Anyways.


This afternoon I had Japan brought to me by my very cute + polite Japanese friend, Tomone! =)
We've been friends for over a year now, and I first met her at the chaiplaincy where she came up to me after mass and said, "Hello. Are you japanese? "

Heheh and the rest was history.

She sent me a text on Thursday inviting Cassandra and myself to her house in Didsbury, to make SUSHI!


OMG u have no idea how much I love that stuff. And to learn it from a Japanese, heheh all the more to be super EXCITED!





Pic : Tomone and I carrying each other's country's flags for a church event. =)

Tomone met Cass and I at the bus station at Didsbury at 1, and we walked to her house which was 5 minutes away.


And we made OSHISUSHI!! ( pressed sushi )

Every little thing she brought out to make those sushis made me terribly excited. ( And PeiLian finds it really hard to contain her excitement if you know what I mean ) =)




So yes, there were avocados, and cute little wooden boxes to put the rice in.


The boxes are specially made for 'pressed sushis', whereby you put a layer of rice at the bottom, put the wooden lid on, and press it with all your might.

After which we arranged a layer of sliced avocados in the middle.



And then add another layer of rice on top, PRESSed again with all our might.



Finally we topped the sushi with salmon, some seeweed and some Japanese herbs.



And WALA! Yummy sushi's!!!*teehee





Ooo and I thought THAT was already a superb treat, but there was MORE! Tomone started cooking what she called "Mapo vegetables" and seaweed soup! *gloog gloog stomach rumbling, mouth salivating*



And the 3 of us settled down to a delicious-ly scrumptious meal! Ahhhhhhhhh BLISS.



Every 2 seconds I would exclaim "YUM!" to the tasty sushi. It was better than any sushi I had before, for the flavour was strong, a mixture of sour and sweet with a touch of fragrance from the rice. To add to the oomph was WASABI! And again, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.


At this point I thought I could never be happier. ( hahah the wonders of FOOD )


But the afternoon got better. We did ORIGAMI! *peilian jumps up and down like a kid*




I swear Tomone's room is a paper factory of its own. She has so MUCH PAPER! Pretty ones too!




So, with our 'Great Teacher Tomone' leading us, from papers like this, we made...



Cute li'l boxes,



Kimono's,




And the cutest boots you've ever seen! =)




And this was made by ME! =) Cute or not? Heheh =)




All in all it was an afternoon to remember. After which I came up with this to add to my 'to-do' list :


VISIT JAPAN ONE DAY!!!

Thank you, Tomone for the wonderful time spent! =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woooooooow!
It's really great.
Yes, we had a really good afternoon.
I have never had such a therapeutic time! hahaha
And my land lady also said it was really good to hear girls laughing !!
We laughed a lot!!
Please come to my house and have fun again!
Thank you for your friendship!
Tomone

h.3.l.3.n said...

i wan sushiiiiiiiiiiiiii.. esp avocado.. new style of making ke..