Saturday 16 February 2008

I need to rant.

Nothing angers me more than to be wrongly accused of something I didn't do, and seeing a friend going through so much prejudice leading to false accusations makes me feel the same way.

For almost 3 years now in the UK, I've never really heard of stories of racism or anything of that sort, and I was becoming very comfortable on how we Asians are accepted in this foreign land.

Everything seems fair and square, people are very polite and nice, basically, it was all FINE n DANDY.

Until today. When I heard of a friend who's being wrongly accused and thrown all sorts of calumny, when in the first place she has no part in whatever that happened whatsoever. And I'm so MAD. For people who know me, you would know that I rarely get ANGRY, and when I do, it must be quite serious. SO serious to the extent that I can't ignore that voice inside of me, screaming to be heard. So please BEAR with me.

WHO ON EARTH DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO THROW FALSE ACCUSATIONS ON AN INNOCENT PERSON?

THINK WITH YOUR BL***Y HEAD BEFORE TALKING, DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH HURT YOU'VE CAUSED THAT PERSON?

JUST BECAUSE WE ASIANS DO NOT LOOK OR LIVE THE SAME WAY AS YOU DO, DOESN'T GIVE YOU ANY RIGHT TO JUDGE US. GO LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR FIRST!

YOU NOW KNOW THE TRUTH, I THINK YOU OWE MY FRIEND AN APOLOGY. THERE's NO SUCH THING AS PRETENDING NOTHING HAPPENED AFTER ALL THOSE HURTFUL WORDS. BE RESPONSIBLE WITH WHAT YOU SAY, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

It is a brutal world, out there. Every day we face prejudices of different sorts, people of varying character. And I have to say, that maybe I'm still very immature... and my world as of now is one of nice people, surrounded by friends whom I can trust.

But that doesn't mean to say that I haven't been there before. Betrayal from a close friend is the worst kind of pain any human being can have. The years of friendship where you give all your heart and soul, only to receive SPITE behind your back.

And then there are certain things I've encountered as a child, young and innocent, a betrayal of the worst sort thrown upon my whole family. And as the eldest there is this constant worry of my parents not being able to pick themselves up after the whole incident, my younger sisters facing prejudice of all sort in school, hence ignoring the actual turmoil in myself for not being able to 'fit' in among my friends, because of the false accusations other people inflicted upon my family.

The constant fear that my family will crumble after this fall, and never be able to pick ourselves up after... all because of false accusations.

This hurt is always there, and it partly defines who I am. The continuous building of a wall around my heart, never letting anyone gain my trust that easily, and never letting people get close enough to hurt me.

I think that is partly the reason for my anger outburst today. I just hate people who accuse without proof. They really deserve to DIE n BURN IN HELL.

I'm sorry for this sudden outburst, but everytime I think about it, I think about my mum's continuous tears which felt like the longest period of my life. And my dad's suppressed anger. The way people looked at us, for something we did not do.

I can't help but get angry all over again.

1 comment:

huiyen said...

hugs darling..HUGS..do not let the past haunt u so much Ok..bad things happen to ppl who does bad things to others.i believe in karma..love lots..mmwah!!