Monday 11 February 2008

I've got Restless Legs Syndrome.

No it's not one of my L.A.M.E jokes, this joke belongs to Cass. =)

Only thing that it is not a joke. It all started on Saturday night, when Yiyian suddenly mentioned that I tapped my legs with a rhythm when I'm asleep. Cass was here too, subconsciously listening whilst telling us her few <----'understatement of the year' other LAME jokes. Because the jokes were so lame and we got so caught up in it laughing our heads off, this 'interesting' fact of the year was all forgotten.

Or so I thought.

And then suddenly last night, she messaged me on msn saying "Eh. I think you've got RESTLESS LEGS SYNDROME."

All Yiyian n I did was LAUGH OUR BUTTS OFF.

And then she decides its TIME she proves herself right ( she's been suffering this 'nobody-believes-whatever-I-say' syndrome ) for ages now, so she sent me the link.

Whooooooooooaa. REALLY wan.

What is RLS?
Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) is a fairly common, but often overlooked disorder, affecting both movement and sleep. A person with the condition has unpleasant sensations in their legs, and an overwhelming urge to move them. ( I'm not sure about this 'overwhelming' urge, I'm asleep LARR )

Symptoms?
1. an urge to move the legs
2. uncomfortable sensations deep within the legs
3. disturbed sleep and difficulty falling asleep
4. periodic leg movements involuntary jerking movements ( proven by Yiyian, and previous stories by my Banting comrades )

Causes?
1. Iron dificiency anaemia ( Oops. My blood count is 8.9, apparently very low, so this proves it?)
etc etc.. malas to type all.

If people are curious to know more about this 'condition', go here :
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=502&sectionId=5


Yiyian wanted to video my feet whilst I am asleep, but didnt manage to do it yet. Its amazing how I'm a medical 'speciment' for all these budding doctors.

Just recently Adrian came to practice taking blood pressure on me, George wanted to test my cranial nerves and tendon reflexes.. ( for their exams )

Medical students really AMUSE me sometimes. =)

1 comment:

Windchaser said...

pei lian, you're our specimen because you never make any of us your specimen for your dental training. if you did, maybe we would be too afraid to disturb you. yup...tell yi yian to record it next time. if not, i can become witness too.