Sunday 9 March 2008

More birthdays.

Tomone turned 28, and Robin turned 21 this weekend!


So yes, it was cake and more cake.


My church friends and I threw Tomone a 'surprise' birthday meal during our weekly church group meeting in Karina's house. We had cod, potatoes and a YUMMY-licious lemon meringue pie curtesy of Karina, Cass and myself =) ( although the chief-cook was karinita )


The kitchen was in a frenzy for we started cooking quite late, and Tomone is always so PUNCTUAL we couldnt get the meal ready in time to say SURPRISE TOMONE!


HAHA so when she arrived there was this super obvious kind of GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN TOMONE vibe I bet she knew what we were up to already.


It was funny how karina couldnt leave cass n I in charge of her kitchen, for she kept saying she had to leave to pick alex up and rent a dvd from blockbuster, and never really left. Gave me instructions to 'baby-sit' the boiling potatoes and carrots, also the fish in the oven, at the same time crush shortbread for the base of the lemon meringue pie. And tried to leave, but never really did. Until everything was almost done anyway. Hahaha if she did leave us, I'm afraid there might be no dinner in the end, for the recipes are all so foreign to cass n myself. Nothing I ever concocted myself.=)


After leaving tomone feeling bored in the living room for quite some time, it was finally time to EAT.


Cod baked in lemon and wine, carrots boiled with cream, and potatoes drenched in olive oil and oregano. OO-LALA. =)




And, Karina's lemon meringue pie! OMG she's amazing at deserts, that girl. =) Her mango pudding's heart-melting too. I already am anticipating our desert for Easter lunch.



Us =) ( our weekly marion group minus naomi and karina )



Its always so fun chilling with these peeps =) We played taboo, uno, and tried to compose a song. HAHA. =)


xxx

Another birthday, last night. This was somewhat different coz there was a 'theme' and people were supposed to come dressed as anything starting with the letter 'R' in conjunction to the birthday boy's name, 'Robin'.
Robin's my coursemate in dentistry, a Welsh guy with a funky sense of style, and good impersonation skills. =)


Rocker-girl Ayish, Ribbon-me, and Rabbit Sandy =)


Cute birthday cake =)

A Reverend brought Robin his cake, whilst a Robber looks on.


The birthday boy, looking pleased with his cake. Looking on was 'Rooney' and girl on Rollerskates. =)


There was a PINATA too! Omg I always watched the kids play this on 'Barney n friends' when I was younger!





It was hilarious watching people take turns to swing the stick, trying to break the pinata.=)

Finally it was broken into pieces, and candy was scattered all over the ground for us to pick.



It was, all in all, an enjoyable night. =)


=) Have a good week, peeps!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Justina! Thanks for the "surprise" party for me!! I was really happy with that! I was literally surprised at you three cooking in the kitchen and trying me out! hahaha!
I have never had such a great birthday party!!!
Thanks!
Tomone