Friday 12 September 2008

An enjoyable morning of lots of laughter and running around washing my friends cars turned sour when I came home and saw THIS :

That girl in the centre, is my baby-sitter's daughter YINCHING jie jie.

I STARED AT THE PICTURE FOR THE LONGEST TIME, NOT DARING TO BELIEVE THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED.

And I didn't dare to read further.

I just kept on staring at the picture of her. This is the girl I see everyday in my babysitter's house when I was younger. She teases me all the time, and treats me to sweets every now and then.

....

SHE IS ARRESTED? WHAT THE HELL?

This morning after breakfast with my friends I felt a strong urge to visit my babysister. So much so that I asked my friend to drive me to her house, even though it wasn't on the way. I never felt this way before, not really when it comes to visiting coz most of the time I am extremely lazy to make all these social calls.When I went there, aunty wasn't in, but I didnt suspect anything. Little did I know, that so much has happened.

Apparently a BIG group of people came over to arrest her.

I am so ANGERED. And DISAPPOINTED.

I know Yinching jie jie is not the sort who would make stories up. Every detail described in the Chinese newspapers, regarding how the malays attending the 'ceramah' she covered for SinChewJitPoh looked over at her in embarassment when Ahmad Ismail said that Chinese were 'squatters', I know, is nothing but the truth. Ever since I was very young, my parents would always tell me to emulate her. For her character, according to my parents, is nothing less than admirable.

Her mum, over the years of babysitting me, has taught me nothing but the importance of honesty and respect for elders.

Nothing could ever justify sending an innocent person to ISA.

Will she ever be released?

Will anything bad happen to her in detention?

Seeing this happen to her, I have lost whatever hope I have left for this country I call home. I love Malaysia. I was born and bred here, I live, eat, and speak like a Malaysian.

But I am a SQUATTER. For every praise that I sing to my foreign friends about my lovely country and its lovely people, I am still a nobody but a SQUATTER.


The man who stirred up a storm in this calamity walks away untouched. But he leaves a scar in the hearts of my fellow Malaysians that will never heal. Also a country with no future.

Torrents of thoughts are going through my head at this point of time. I am angry, frustrated, disappointed. At the same time very very worried for her. Mummy's lost all apetite to do or eat anything, and so have I and the rest of my family. Aunty Ah Hong has looked after us three sisters ever since we were very young. To see her daughter so innocently slandered is a huge heartache to all of us.

Please God, keep her safe.

(yinching jie jie was ambushed at her house last night by ISA, and brought away into detention )


(penangites, friends, family and politicians congregated at the entrance of Penang police station in silent protest of her arrest )


Absolutely in the pits. =(

2 comments:

Windchaser said...

that was so unpredictable. hopefully everything will clear up soon. i cannot write much about my own opinion as nowadays, you don't know who's reading your blogs and with the ISA in place, anything can happen. just hope for the best and support her family. take care. see you when you're back.

Pei Lian said...

hi noreen! yea i know =S it was super depressing =(

but its over now =) hopefully =)

thank you for your concern noreen! and i'll see you when i get back =)
take care!!

xxx