Sunday 2 November 2008

To a friend, who has been there for me in my ups and downs throughout my four years in this foreign land.

You have seen me cry, laugh, and try to find myself all these years.

You told me in life we have our own crosses to carry. Crosses that have our names on it, but crosses that are built in a way that once in awhile someone can come and help you with it.

You helped me to see that God has made me with talents and gifts that I have never come to see or appreciate.

You helped me find the joy within myself, and to share it with the world around me.

You truly cared, you listened to my troubles, and you prayed for me dilligently.

Now that you're back home, with one of life's heaviest cross on your shoulder,

it upsets me that there is not much I can do for you.

I want to be there for you too.

But your strength and determination in carrying this burden with a smile on your face inspires me.

For I know, the Lord is with you.

Happy birthday, Karinita dearest.

My prayers are for you to continue this battle with sheer courage.

"The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
Those who know your name will trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You. "

(Psalm 9:9-10)

Take care, my friend.

No comments: